Having a 4D Ultrasound is all about having fun and experiencing the miracles of a new baby on the way. It can be a great experience for the new addition. The following instructions are few ideas to keep in mind to maximize the fun and helpful for making the best pictures possible.
1) DRINK WATER: Even though you don’t need a full bladder for ultrasound, drinking plenty of water for the week or so the baby will have increase the amount of amniotic fluid around the baby’s face.
2) HAVE A LITTLE SNACK BEFORE COMING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
There is no way to absolutely turn or manipulate your baby into the best position, however, having a snack or a small meal before coming to your appointment will encourage the baby to be awake and moving. A large meal is not so good, Also candy helps.
3) OB/PELVIC Ultrasound: you do need a full bladder.
4) ABDOMEN: (NPO) NOT BY MOUTH AFTER 12MIDNIGHT.
5) CAROTID, VASCULAR AND BREAST NO INTRUCTION NEEDED.